If you want to receive a box of ingredients to make delicious recipes like this at home, click here to subscribe to our reimagined Harvest Box, which includes a curation of Regenerative Organic Certified™ produce, an artisanal pantry item, and a recipe card created by our world-class culinary team.
|2||Cloves of Garlic|
|3 tbls||Olive Oil|
|1/4 tsp||Chili Powder|
|1/4 tsp||Garlic Powder|
|To Garnish||Squash Blossoms|
|To taste||Salt & Pepper|
Yield: 2-3 servings
- Mince the garlic and set aside. Cut the squash and bell peppers into bite-sized pieces.
- In a sauté pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Sauté the minced garlic, processed squash, and bell peppers. Cook until the vegetables are soft and tender.
- Add the 9 ounces of tomato sauce to the sauté pan. Bring the mixture to a simmer. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Note: If you desire more sauce for additional servings, you can roast tomatoes from the harvest box and add them to the base. Adjust the seasoning according to your preference.
- Crack the eggs directly into the center of the sautéed mixture. Keep the heat at a low simmer and let the eggs cook until they are fully done to your liking.
- Drizzle olive oil and freshly cracked pepper on top. Garnish with squash blossoms.
- Note: Toast some bread according to your preference. Use the bread to dip into the shakshuka and enjoy the flavors.