Help us build a more equitable future.
Launched in October of 2020, Nourishing Neighbors began as an initiative to put our guiding principle of “give more than you take” to practical use. During the pandemic, simply providing access to healthy, organic food was clearly the essential need. People needed sustenance and life was uncertain. In 2022, this initiative served local families who were experiencing food insecurity by providing them with simple, fresh meals crafted from our seasonal Regenerative Organic Certified™ produce along weekly with a free pop up farm stand.
As the world evolved and the needs of the community followed suit, Nourishing Neighbors has expanded into a dynamic offering with various choices for the community. From matching EBT purchases at our Farm Stand to offering generous scholarships to all educational programming, we use an integrated approach to increase access to healthy nourishment for our neighbors facing food insecurity.
By donating to Nourishing Neighbors, you are making sure that local families are empowered to choose how to nourish themselves and their children with fruits, vegetables, pantry items and more from our 28-acre Regenerative Organic Certified™ farm, as well as receiving access to our world class educational programs.
By supporting this program with a one-time donation or a monthly sponsorship, you can play a pivotal role in ensuring that our community has the necessary ingredients to thrive.
Your contribution to this program provides:
• 50% off in the Farm Stand for all EBT/CalFresh recipients
• Scholarships for all educational programming and adult workshops for Nourishing Neighbors families
• Free access to educational events at The Ecology Center for Nourishing Neighbors families
• The Ecology Center newsletter’s weekly collection of recipes, nutrition information, kids’ activities, and community news
• A caring community that extends practical support in times of adversity