Slow down, be present, and build grounded, mindful connections with your little ones.
Recognizing that early childhood is a sacred time for nurturing the next generation, we welcome all families to join us for our one-of-a-kind Microgreens program. Inspired by the seasonal rhythms that guide our life here on the farm, this 12-week series of parent-child classes is designed to provide the ideal ecosystem to support our growing children.
Babies and children up to age four, together with their parents and caregivers, will gather in our beautifully designed Children’s Garden to spend time in nature while enjoying the nourishment and support of our community. Drawing from our GROW-EAT-MAKE-PEACE ethos, each class will introduce games, music, studies, and other group activities, as well as individual time for families to explore nature while building conscious connection with each other. Parents will be invited to share their experience and insight as we celebrate the joys and challenges that come with raising young children in today’s world.
Each class will meet every week starting the week of September 5, 2023.
To enroll, send an email to [email protected] with your name and the age and name of your child. We’ll guide you through the process.
Mondays, Ages 3 to 4 (9am to 12pm) $530
Tuesdays, Ages 3 to 4 (9am to 12pm) $530
Wednesdays, Ages 3 to 4 (9am to 12pm) $530
Thursdays, Babies & Toddlers (9am to 11am) $395
Thursdays, Babies & Toddlers (11am to 1pm) $395
Fridays, Babies & Toddlers (9am to 11am) $395
Fridays, Babies & Toddlers (11am to 1pm) $395
Babies & Toddlers Sample Itinerary:
- Arrival, greeting songs
- Parent sharing
- Weekly discussion topic
- Free movement and nature play
- Closing song and game circle
3 and 4 Class Sample Itinerary:
- Arrival, greeting songs
- Game circle
- Child-led play and free exploration of the Children’s Garden
- Closing story
- Families are welcome to enjoy lunch in the Garden after class ends
- To help us cultivate mindful presence with our children, parents and caregivers will be invited to place phones in a basket at the Children’s Garden entrance, where they will be kept safe for the duration of the class.
- Siblings are welcome with permission. Inquire upon enrollment request.
- There will likely be less opportunity for formal group discussion in the 3/4 class than in the infant/toddlers class. The 3/4 class will still host a weekly reading and discussion; however, participants should prepare for more spontaneous, one-on-one conversation to take place as we focus on holding space for the children to explore and learn.